Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 26: Tomato and Mozzarella Crustini

The pesto returns!  Today's dish was something really simple that I threw together for a pot luck that I went to.  A really easy tomato and mozzarella crustini.  The first thing I did was whip up another batch of pesto to go on top, and it was probably the most complicated component of the dish.  With that complete I sliced up a tomato and some nice thin slices of fresh mozzarella. 

The last component is some toasted bread.  I did this by putting a bunch of slices in the oven on 350 for about 4 minutes.  Just as they started to crisp up I took them out, tossed on the tomato slice, the pesto and the slice of mozzarella.  After that, you eat them.  Simple as that.  Anyway, hopefully the next few days will be a good deal more regular and I'll have fewer things that come up and keep me from doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment