Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 11: Ice Cream with Chocolate and Raspberry Sauce

Well, I promised something special, here it is, sort of.  I wanted to make an ice cream dish with my own chocolate and raspberry sauce.  Unfortunately the sauces didn't come out quite the way I wanted.  I had hoped to make a thick sauce (like the Hershey's stuff from a bottle) what I actually made was a good deal runnier, still tasty, but runny.

Both sauces come from the same base of simple syrup, the chocolate sauce then gets dutch processed coco with just a touch of chile powder tossed in on top.  The raspberry one gets a puree of fresh and frozen raspberries instead.  The two sauces then reduce a bit and get poured into squeeze bottles.  Well, that's what's supposed to happen anyway.  However, I was in a hurry when I threw these two together and didn't get the proportions right.  A good thick simple syrup is one part water to two parts sugar, mine was only one to one because I wasn't sure how the coco powder and raspberries would interact so I was conservative, the result was more liquid than syrup.  Oh well, live and learn (and then get Loves).  Nice and short yesterday but it was Friday and you know what that means.  (Friday Night Magic of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment