Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 18: Bagel Ham and Salami Sandwich

I have to admit, I haven't been as on top of things or as creative as I could be for the past few days, but I'll be working on that after tomorrow.  Anyway, today I bring you another in my sandwich series.  This time, its bagels (well, a bagel anyway).  This wasn't a complicated one, and I was delayed in putting this up so I'm going to be simple and to the point.  I threw together a simple sandwich with ham, salami, cucumbers, baby spinach, a slice of provolone cheese, and some mustard.  The sandwich was simple, quick and delicious.  The bagel I simply cut in half, toasted and filled with yums.

Since there isn't much else to talk about on that front I'm going to instead take a moment to mention one thing I think a lot of people overlook about sandwiches.  The bread.  To steal completely from (and paraphrase) Alton Brown, I'm a firm believer that the quality of the bread is critical to the success of the sandwich.  Obviously you want a sandwich that has more to it than just two chunks of bread; however, that doesn't mean the two chunks should be ignored.  Better bread leads to a better sandwich, and hence you will be seeing plenty of sandwiches from me (as time goes by) made of delicious Bodos Bagels and artisan breads from other places (possibly even myself from time to time).

And with that, I'm going to move on to day 19's entry before getting to work on Sunday's surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment