Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 23: Fish Tacos

Well, I had a plan A that involved me cooking, but three things suddenly occurred right around dinner time.  First, I realized I didn't actually have the ingredients I thought I did in the pantry.  Second, a friend called me up to see if I wanted to grab dinner.  Third and finally, I found myself with a sudden craving for good tacos.  So, I headed down to a local(ish) place in Arlington called Taqueria Poblano.  I've been here before and love their Tacos.  They do really good hard shell chicken, steak and pork "LA Style" tacos that I have had and loved.  But tonight I'm going to focus on their Fish Taco, something they do that's pretty unique and really delicious.

Unlike the other tacos which are pretty standard toppings, the Fish Tacos have a cabbage slaw with a lime vinaigrette and some additional spices that goes on top.  The slaw is really good and adds a lot to the taco overall, and in my opinion is much better than the standard toppings for tacos.  Underneath this slaw is the fish itself, nicely fried so the pieces have a nice crunch but are still really moist and delicious inside.  The whole pile sits on a thin layer of white cream (that I assume is a seasoned sour cream) and is truly amazing with a drizzle of lime juice and a dot of the restaurant's specially made habanero hot sauce (more than a dot and you won't taste much beyond the spice).  It was exactly what I was craving and hit the spot perfectly.  Tomorrow I have some cooking plans that I will hopefully be up early enough to implement properly, if not I'll try and make sure I do it on Friday.  And with that, I'm off to go enjoy the wonder that is SCII's season 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment